Monday, March 2, 2009

Rt. knee surgery

Well, here I go again. Another surgery, this time I had reconstructive ACL surgery on my Rt. knee. This is the same knee that has been bothering me most of my entire adult life. This also makes surgery #3 on the same knee. I hasd torn cartilage removed in 1978. Then over 20 years later I had an exam on the knee and was told that the ACL was torn. So I had the ACL replace in Jan. of 2000 but for whatever reason the graft did not take and the knee was never stablized. This time I had a new procedure call a Double Bundle ACL implanted which should stablize the knee front to back and side to side. The operation was on Feb 6th, 2009 and so far so good. Physical therapy is going very well and with any luck I'll be good as new, almost, very soon.

3 comments:

Shelli said...

You are doing great!!! I love you and hope this surgery will make a difference.

Rachel B said...

Wow Dave. That is too many surgeries for one year! Hope you are doing well. Will you be able to run again?

Greg & Andrea said...

Well I hope this is the last surgery for you. They are hard to recover from but hopefully it will be worth it, and at least you have a cute little nurse at home to take care of you.