Monday, May 12, 2008

New church calling

This past Sunday 5-10-08 I was released from the Y.M. Presidencey and called into the Primary. Can you believe it, me in Primary. Well they placed me in with Bro. Olson and the CTR something, 6 and 7 year olds. Now before this I was 2nd Counselor with the Deacon Quorum, 12 and 13 year olds, for 3 years. So being with the 6 and 7 year olds Sunday and the 12 and 13 year olds from before, I really couldn't tell a difference, ha ha. Those little ones were cracking me up all day. Like when Bro. Olson asked "who wants to give opening prayer" and Adam Bitner jumps up raising his hand and says" I don't" or when Andrew Belliston asked me if we were going to be chipmunks, could we be chipmunks today and I'm like, "What". That's just a couple of examples, oh I almost forgot Adam was sitting next to me playing with the veins that stick up on the back of my hand rubbing his finger across them and pulling on them. This is going to be a very interesting calling, oh, did I mention sharing time. Whew! We'll see how long it takes to loose my sanity. I have to admit it was fun.

4 comments:

Shelli said...

Hi Honey, you will do great in that calling and I know you will do your best, just like you have in all your other callings. I am proud of you and love you.

Greg & Andrea said...

Dad, that made me laugh. little kids can be really funny. I'm sure there will be some sundays when the kids drive you crazy but for the most part i think you will have fun with them. Besides it will be good practice for you grandchildren. :)

Rachel B said...

They will love you Dave!

Amber said...

The primary...my feelings on that too, but I'm liking it more and more (I think). Depends on the days...but at least you can scare or bribe 6 and 7 yr. olds a little better than the 13 yr olds!